FREE, LIVE FULLY-FUNCTIONING DEMOS OF OUR ONLINE PLAN ADMINISTRATION & PARTICIPATION SYSTEMS
- Go to the 401k Demo Portal page (page will open in its own window).
- Click on the button appropriate to launching the 401k Easy Online Gateway of your choice. The demos are actual 401k Easy Online stystems that we have customized for a fictitous company and its fictitous employees and 401k plan(s).
We create a customized Plan Sponsor Gateway and linked Plan Participant Gateway specific to the plan being operated using 401k Easy Online. Your Plan Sponsor Gateway will grant your authorized personnel unlimited access to self-service 401k administration, while the Plan Participation Gateway is obviously for your employees, both active participants and those seeking information about the plan; only functions relevant to the options you have chosen for your plan exist in your Gateways. For instance, should you choose NOT to allow for 401k loans, no mention of 401k loans or their related functions will appear in any of your Gateways. Go to the Plan Options tab on our order forms page for a list and explanation of your plan customization options.
System 1: 401k Easy Online
Online Self-Service Plan Administration + Participation
401k Easy Online is by far our most popular 401k, particularly with small and medium-sized businesses. This web site of course explains in detail all that 401k Easy Online has to offer; here are a few of the highlights that clients tell us particularly drew them to the system and have them staying with it year after year:
- Price - Our clients find the setup fee and annual fee associated with 401k Easy Online extremely palatable.
- Investment Volume + Flexibility - The array of investments available via 401k Easy Online is another big draw. Not only do clients favor the extensive array of investments allowed, they also like that we are not affiliated with any investment house and that we do not charge any fees regarding investments.
- Ease of Use - Most clients find spending 15 or so minutes a month on 401k Easy Online well worth the thousands of dollars a year of savings in 401k administration fees charged by most full-service plan providers.
- Expertise - Clients......
Visit our System Demos page to learn more and to try out a real-time, live sample customized system.
System 1b: 401k Easy Online for One - For One-Person Companies
The 401k plan's popularity lies in that it enables people to shelter a significant portion of their income from current income taxes. In some cases, a 401k plan enables a person to shelter more than twice as much as do other qualified retirement plans (money purchase pension plans, simplified employee pension (SEP) plans and savings incentive match plans for employees (SIMPLEs), more specifically). Until recently, however, a 401k plan needed multiple plan participants. It was not an option for one-person companies and the like — again, that is, until 2002. The one-person 401k plan is now a reality.
As the name suggests, 401k Easy Online for One is a version of our most popular system, 401k Easy Online, written to meet the regulatory, administrative and participation needs specific to one-person 401k plans.
- 401k Easy Online for One is for owner-only businesses (including spouse) and businesses with employees that can be legally excluded from participating in the company plan.
- 401k Easy Online for One costs $695 per year + a one-time, first-year-only set-up fee of $595.
- 401k Easy Online for One allows for the same immensely broad spectrum of no-load investments as well as self-directed brokerage accounts as is available with our multipartite 401k Easy Online plans (investment flexibility not common in most one-person 401k plans).
- 401k Easy Online for One allows for 401k loans.
- 401k Easy Online for One allows for the spouse to participate, too.
- 401k Easy Online for One can affordably be converted into a multi-participant 401k plan, should the need arise (if your company expands and takes on additional employees, for instance).
- 401k Easy Online for One can process rollovers from SEP, SARSEP, SIMPLE IRA, traditional IRA, rollover IRA, Keogh, 401k, 403b and 457 plans.
Below are some key draws of the one-person 401k plan in general:
- The employer/business owner may contribute up to $41,000 per year, depending on income.
- 401k contributions come from "pre-tax" dollars. Contributions are not subject to income tax until withdrawn from the 401k account.
- Earnings on 401k investments are also tax-deferred until withdrawn.
- Salary deferrals can equal up to 100% of compensation, up to an annually-adjusted maximum of $15,000 (as of 2008).
- Profit-sharing contributions up to 25% of salary can also be made.
- Participants age 50 and older can contribute an additional "catch-up" contribution of up to $5,000 annually (as of 2008).
- Tax-deferred retirement savings housed within a 401k or other authorized plan are generally excluded from bankruptcy proceedings. Outstanding 401k loans, however, are generally NOT erased by bankruptcy.
You can read further about one-person plans on our 401k Basics page.
System 2: The 401k Solution - Online Full-Service Plan Administration + Self-Service Plan Participation
Pension Systems Corporation (PSC) has been a trailblazer in the 401k industry for decades. The company has concentrated primarily on the largely-ignored needs of small and mid-sized companies. in fact, our 401k Easy Online system grew out of innovations made by PSC.
PSC offers an affordable line of full-service plans — The 401k Solution — that participants rank among the most popular plans in the nation. The plans offer online plan participation similar to that offered within 401k Easy Online but all administration duties are handled by PSC personnel (that is, your company does NOT need to do any self-service plan administration).
- PSC's 401k Solution is adaptable to companies of any size. Small-company plans are NOT truncated versions of big company plans.
- Part of PSC's 401k "solution" is affordability without reduced service. By offering of variety of investment mix-plan pricing approaches, companies can choose whether to absorb all the costs of the plan, split the costs with the plan's participants, or have the plan's participants absorb the costs.
- PSC's 401k plans see participation rates that are often nearly TWICE the national average. Investment choice, prompt service, and plan flexibility play major roles in the popularity of 401k Solution plans.
- As with 401k Easy Online, 401k Solution plans allow for automatic participant enrollment, 401k loans and other popular features. They also offer outstanding investment flexibility akin to that offered 401k Easy Online clients.
- A typical 401k Solution 401k plan serving 25 eligible employees costs $2,245 to $3,745 a year, depending on the type of investments chosen (discounts are given for using Class A, B or C load mutual funds).
- The national average for a 401k serving 25 eligible employees is $6,750 to $20,000 a year (and these competitors' plans often lack the quality service and flexible options standard in 401k Solution full-service plans).
For more information about PSC's 401k Solution as well as the company's other retirement plan offerings — 403b plans, SEPs, IRA's and any other IRS-sanctioned retirement savings plan — visit the 401k Solution web site, www.401ksolution.com (page will open in its own window), or call (800) 752-4015 during normal business hours (Pacific Time). (The system web site is currently undergoing a redesign, by the way, so please excuse the mess.)